Texas Counties Deliver – learn how county government serves you
Justice of the Peace Precinct 2
Occupational Driver's License

Familiarize yourself with the requirements as set out in the Transportation Code Section 521.241-521253. Follow the steps to file:

  • File a Petition with the appropriate Justice of the Peace office. Print the petition or visit your local Justice of the Peace Office in Ector County.
  • Obtain and file an SR-22 Certificate of Insurance. An Insurance Agent may assist you in obtaining the SR-22.
  • Obtain and file a Certified Abstract of Driving Record (Type AR). This can be requested from the Department of Public Safety website.
  • Obtain and file a letter from employer or school certificate if needed.
  • Be sure to gather all paperwork that the Petition requires listed under section 5.